Most parents will agree that trying to navigate their child safely through the minefield of their online interests could be closely likened to trying to eat jelly with a fork.
Predators, cyber-bullying, identity theft, sexting and what about their digital reputation when they get to employment age? Which is the biggest concern, or should we say, which is our biggest concern today?
If you haven’t been to a Cyber Safety session lately, maybe it’s high time you made the time. Times have changed and Eyes Open Social Media Safety are determined to make your job, as a parent, as easy as possible.
We can’t give you a clear enough picture of WHY you need to be interested, in a short article in this event advertisement, but we can give you some questions to get you started:
- Some SNAPCHAT stories do NOT disappear after 24 hours
- “Ghost mode” doesn’t stop your child from telling people where they can be found
- Teaching a child to secure INSTAGRAM is a 1.5 hr workshop
- It’s NOT one setting
- Some info can still be found about your child even with PRIVATE ACCOUNT activated
- If you are focusing on checking who your child is talking to, when they are online gaming, you may be MISSING who is LISTENING to your child
- Predators can listen and collect info on online games
If you are still overwhelmed, you now understand why we created Brisbane’s only comprehensive, hands-on workshops for parents and children and a huge range of themed online courses.
Come along to a FREE Parent(s) ONLY information session or book into one of our many social media and gaming account security workshops, to find out the easy steps you can take to reduce the risks for your children.
We will be discussing all of the risks, including online predators, cyber bullying, identity theft, inappropriate content, (intimate images etc) and the creation of a digital footprint that reaches further than expected and can sometimes have damaging consequences.
Click here to find out more information about Eyes Open Social Media Safety